Friday, December 2, 2011

What are my chances of being found not guilty for failing to stop when the car wasnt mine and had bad brakes?

My car was in the process of being repaired when my friend A dropped off her car at my work location so that i may borrow her car so that my co-worker B and I have a ride home. I was pulled over about 5 miles from my work location when as i gradually pushed on the brakes since it didnt have ABS (anti-lock brake system). before i knew it i had past the stop sign. lucky for all of us there was no cars coming but a chp passing. he saw and immidiately made a U-turn and gave me the ticket. I didnt argue the fact that i passed the stop sign but i would like to know if i have a chance in winning this since i had little time to realize how bad were the brakes. Prior to that road i was pulled over i was approximately driving below 40mph. I will never borrow an old car!!|||maybe but I have to ask this. In the five miles from your job to the stop sign didn't you use the breaks at all?*|||pretty low percentage.. maybe 10 percent, and that is better than what I wanted to say, at 0%..|||No chance. You were the driver and it is your responsibility to know what you are driving and to stop in time. ABS wouldn't even play into it.





Another factor is that you chose to drive this car. You had other options. Another friend, a rental car, public trans, etc. You weren't forced as no one can force you to drive a particular car. Once you get behind the wheel, it is all yours.|||I agree with the others. You drove that car for 5 miles. Unlikley that you had to used the brakes. Your chances of being found not guilty are very slim at best.|||The law simply states a full and complete stop. It doesn't mention bad brakes or bad drivers. But go ahead and waste the judges time, it will amuse him.|||Judge won't buy that you did not use the brakes once in 5 miles.





Sure you could pay to have the brakes checked and all of that. But it would still come down to the fact that you did not stop..... and you were in charge of the vehicle.





It would probably be best to just pay the ticket and get it over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment