Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Anti lock brakes are triggering ever since I replaced front brake pads and rotors on 2002 Ford Escape... help?

I can't figure out why this is happening. It did not happen until I replaced the front pads and rotors on my 02' Escape.





My driver's side brake was grinder before I replaced that pads. We never got a warning squeak from the brakes, so initially I thought it was a gravel rock or something up in there, because we just drove on a gravel road. However, that was not it. When I pulled off the tired, I could see I was grinding the rotor w/ the metal brake, so I replaced the brakes and that one rotor.





Ever since I replaced the front brakes, and the drivers side rotor... I've had this problem. So, I replaced the passenger rotor thinking maybe something was wrong there if the brakes were sensing one grab before the other or somethings. I have since replaced the passenger side rotor as well, and it is still doing it. It does it mostly at low speed braking... like if I'm crawling around a neighborhood, coming up to a stop slowly... or driving through a parking lot. And, it actually seems to go away as I drive the vehicle some. For example, the car will be sitting for a couple hours... I'll go to drive it, and the ABS will trigger when I brake for the first few times, but after a few good brakes, it *seems* to stop, until it sits again.





I thought maybe there was air in the lines, but I never opened the system to let air in, and it didn't do this before I replaced the brakes and rotors. I've checked both sides w/ the wheels off, and both brakes are grabbing and releasing their respective rotor when I press down on and release the brake pedal.





What do you think is causing my ABS to trigger now?|||When dealing with Anti-lock brakes, it can be difficult because when you replace your brakes, you should always make sure that they are completely bleed. If your brakes lines have air in them, then that can cause it to trigger the sensor that something is wrong. I recommend disconnecting you battery for half an hour at max to reset your computer system. If after that try to bleed your brakes. If that doesn't work, you may have to actually bleed your anti-lock brake system. Always try to reset first. It could save you a lot of time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment