Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Why are my anti lock brakes triggering ever since I replaced my front brake pads and driver side rotor?

I have a 2002 Ford Escape. Just replaced the front brake pads, and the driver's side rotor.





Why are my anti-lock brakes triggering when brake? I checked the fluid, and if anything, it's a little high (over the MAX level a bit). Could replacing one, and not both rotors cause this? What do you think is causing it, and/or how do I fix it?





How would I go about turning off the ABS system so it doesn't do it?|||It's possible that there is some air in the brake lines. The brake lines need to be "bled" properly to get all the air out, otherwise, you can experience the problem that you're having.





If that doesn't solve the problem then the mechanic will have to reassemble the brake calipers to make sure they are properly assembled and that they are calibrated properly.





Good luck!|||It must have been difficult picking the best answer.. :-) Seriously, I hope your problem is fixed. Have a nice day.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment