Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What are the steps I need to take when the ABS light stays on on my 2005 Ford Taurus?

I own a 2005 Ford Taurus and for the past few weeks, the ABS light has been on in the car. I know it pertains to the Anti-Lock Brake System, however I need some more insight. Thanks.|||I believe you have a bad ABS Sensor , probably on one on one of the front discs. Common problem on those Taurus models. Normally about a 200-300 dollar fix, sometimes a little cheaper depending. Has more to do with mileage on the car than anything. I would recommend taking it to a reputable repair shop for a once over to check the whole brake system.|||It could be any number of things. Something as little as the ABS sensor getting dislodged, but then again, maybe something more troublesome.





When it comes to brakes, I don't see any point in taking chances. Being that you own a 2005, there's a chance it's still under warranty.





Get it looked at.

No comments:

Post a Comment