Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Do 1977 Camaros have anti-lock braking systems? ?

My insurance company needs to know.





Thank you!|||Nope, not even close. I have a 78 Trans Am and it has nothing close to ABS. Front rotor brakes and rear drums were a standard set up I believe unless you had an SS in wh ich case I believe you got four wheel disk brakes, but still no ABS.





ABS requires some sort of electronic or computer module in order to function and none of the F-bodies came with ANY sort of hardware like that until the 1980 model year, and even then the VERY crude computers were only used to adjust the spark advance.|||no. Was not used back then.|||I doubt it, I don't even think ABS was around back then.|||no, in fact virtually no cars had abs back then. a few over the road big rigs were used to experiment with abs, and some race car builders were experimenting with abs. the reality is that abs braking systems didn't start hitting the market until the mid to late 80's.|||No. Only the Europeans were using ABS as optional equipment on their higher end cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment