Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Brake pad replacement on ABS car?

I have 2001 Honda Accord LX.





My car has ABS (anti lock brake system) brake pad on rear and front wheels. I have no problem replacing brake pad myself on cars with no ABS, but am a little uncertain about how to do it on cars with ABS.





I heard someplace you have to have key turned off and pump the brake pedal UNTIL IT FEELS SOFT (I coud be mistaken), and the rest of the steps are the same as cars with no ABS. Anyone know how to do this at home garage without going to a shop?|||go to autozones website, there is a whole section on repairs with diagrams and pictures that are specific to each car. you'll find your answer.|||Unplug the abs module, disconnect the #1 plug wire, and wave a wand over the vehicle. After these steps run around the car and next poor injector cleaner into the brake master cylinder. This will remove all contaminents from the brake system. Now you are ready to access the obd 2 plug. I know this cause I work at F and S auto repair in Redding,Ca. Any questions call 530-241-2800. Ask for Frankie.|||I have never had any issues changing pads on an ABS equipped car. The ABS system is just looking for a wheel being locked up while the others are turning, so it should be no issue at all with the steps involved in changing pads. I recently changed them on my 1999 Camry without any issues. Oh yeah, buy the BEST pads you can also.

No comments:

Post a Comment