Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I bought a 2009 Toyota Corolla in December 2008 and I'm having issues with the ABS system?

His name is Onyx. The ABS (anti-lock braking system) light continually comes on at random times as I'm driving or is on when I start the car. If I turn the engine off, the light won't come back on until it feels like it. I now leave Onyx running every time I go to Toyota Service.





Toyota has run a diagnostics several times with the light on and off, but are unable to find a code in the RAM. They've changed the switch and the actuator. I dropped Onyx back off this morning because the ABS light came back on; 3 days after having the actuator changed. This is the fifth time I've taken in Onyx and I feel that they won't be able to find a solution. Onyx was purchased in MO, but repairs are being done in IL.





Even though Service can't find an actual code or problem, I have notice a significant difference with braking. Randomly, my brakes will either overbrake when I slightly push on it or underbrake when I step harder on the pedal. It takes another 1-2 pushes on the pedal to get the brakes to brake properly.





The ABS light first came on July 2009, but was first serviced December 2009 as the light only came on once every 2 mos. Once November came, light was coming on approx every 2 weeks or less. Now light comes on once per week or more. Light comes on without me pushing on brakes; just randomly. Today, there going to tear him apart to check the wiring.





Does Onyx qualify for the Lemon Law?|||Yes,it qualifies under the lemon law.There is obviously a serious defect in the brakes that Toyota has not been able to fix after several tries.Personally I wouldn't risk my life anymore and would begin proceedings to return the car for a refund.|||Toyota and you have a problem.





Sounds as if you have a serious braking defect and should not be driving the car until Toyota fix it. If the dealer cannot go it contact Toyota head office and tell them the facts.|||Google Lemon Laws Illinois and this will answer all of your questions.Each state has different consumer protection laws.





Onyx.Very cute name.|||You name your car?





In any event, your car qualifies for warranty work. It's outside the age for most Lemon Laws, and they are working on it. Lemon Laws apply when there are multiple, unresolved flaws. This is just a single, intermittent fault, and Toyota will eventually figure it out. I suspect a short somewhere (as do they, obviously)|||If its a 2009 it should be covered under warranty. I would not be paying for any of these repairs. I do not know how to fix your problem but post you question on a forum like http://www.toyotafans.net/ they should be able to help. This might seem like a stupid answer but have you checked you break fluids and had you breaks bled?

No comments:

Post a Comment